Location: Chennai, India
Charity: Compassion International
Mission: Alex meets Blesslin, whose humble roots as a missionary child were unlikely to lead to her success as a young businesswoman in India's modern IT industry. Sponsor a child today!
If you are interested in sponsoring a child, we encourage you to take action now - why wait to change a life.
It is simple just by following these steps:
1. Click on the Compassion link here: Compassion International
2. Choose a child you would like to sponsor at the location of this episode or somewhere else in the world. We know this step can be a bit overwhelming when it comes to choosing a child, but remember, ALL of these children need help, so you cannot go wrong here.
3. Do not hesitate. Choose a child today. You WILL make a difference!
4. If you choose a child from another country, it is important to acknowledge "Missions In Action" as the referral site for the sponsor.
5. Decide what level of sponsorship you would like to be involved in - they start at $38/month - this is only a couple meals out per month yet it will change a life.
6. Congratulations! You have just changed a child's life for the better!
Alex visits a fortress-like community center in Nagpur, India's red light district, where every single kid is a child of a commercial sex worker.
The amazing generosity of a US sponsor inspires and transforms a village girl and her family's life, even down to her choice of career.
A school, an innovative club and a home full of hope mark Alex's trek through Nairobi's Mukuru Slums