Location: Iloilo City, Philippines
Charity: Compassion International
Mission: Two educated sisters struggle to break the generational chain of survival-scavenging in the city dumps of Iloilo, Philippines. Sponsor a child in the Philippines today!
If you are interested in sponsoring a child, we encourage you to take action now - why wait to change a life.
It is simple just by following these steps:
1. Click on the Compassion link here: Compassion International
2. Choose a child you would like to sponsor at the location of this episode or somewhere else in the world. We know this step can be a bit overwhelming when it comes to choosing a child, but remember, ALL of these children need help, so you cannot go wrong here.
3. Do not hesitate. Choose a child today. You WILL make a difference!
4. If you choose a child from another country, it is important to acknowledge "Missions In Action" as the referral site for the sponsor.
5. Decide what level of sponsorship you would like to be involved in - they start at $38/month - this is only a couple meals out per month yet it will change a life.
6. Congratulations! You have just changed a child's life for the better!
Watch as Alex walks the front lines of the flooded villages in northern Manila.
Alex finds inspiration in a destitute squatter town in Manila.
Born and raised in a cemetery, Emilda overcame all odds to become an Olympic champ!